08 February 2010

Them Crooked Vultures

Them Crooked Vultures - Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin). I'm sure I didn't need to specify what bands they come from, but for those of you who didn't know...

I absolutely love these 3 musicians, so was quick to buy the album when it came out. While the album is good, it's very samey... I wanted to be surprised, but it is exactly what I expected - a complete blend of the Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age. A lot more QOTSA though, I suppose as Homme is the lead singer and driving force of both.

The concert was fun, very loud and lots of guitar - BIG sounds. John Paul Jones could strum/pluck one bass note for his solo, and still the crowd would go insane. Dave Grohl is always so good to watch, particularly on the drums, so much energy. And Josh Homme is the sexiest red head I've ever seen.

Note to the enthusiastic, afro'd fan standing next to me: I know that it is all so exciting to be at a concert, but just because the music is ridiculously loud, doesn't mean I can't hear you singing the guitar riffs when you're standing a mere few centimeters from me. I, have also paid to hear these musicians, and I do not want to hear singing straight into my ear, a human voice trying to imitate guitar sounds....

No comments:

Post a Comment